From: May To: October (marina)
Year Round: YES
The Town of Midland is situated at the gateway to Georgian Bay's picturesque 30,000 Islands. Our culturally rich town has become the economic hub of North Simcoe for economic prosperity, envious lifestyle in idyllic surroundings and an abundance of recreational pursuits.? Midland flourishes with:
• A vibrant and bustling downtown core consisting of unique stores and professional business offices promoted by a Business Improvement Area.
• Recent commercial growth includes Wal-Mart, Real Canadian Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rona, Boston Pizza, A&W, Giant Tiger, Home Depot, Staples, Payless Shoes, Mark's Work Warehouse and the Georgian Bay National Park Administrative Building.
• Shopping malls accommodating retail stores.
• 4 community parks, 10 neighbourhood parks, 2 golf courses, the North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Complex housing a double pad arena, court facilities and community rooms, a Sports Hall of Fame, a curling rink, a lawn bowling club, cross country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling trails, a YMCA complete with an Olympic size pool and 10 km of waterfront trail for walking or biking.
• There are 4 marinas offering over 2,800 boat slips on Georgian Bay
• Huronia Museum and Huron Indian Village, live theatre, arts, culture and service clubs
• Local tourist attractions include the Martyrs' Shrine, the Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre, the Keewatin, the reconstructed fort of Sainte Marie Among The Hurons and the Discovery Harbour historic naval base
See us on Facebook
See Midland's mural tour on YouTube
Pets Must be Leashed:
Accepted Payment Methods